Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Dreaming on CD

From: J. Peter Alfke <alfke@csvax.caltech.edu>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 87 20:47:53 -0800
Subject: The Dreaming on CD

Let me be the first to say that I have the compact disc of The Dreaming.
Let me also say that its sound is MAGNIFICENT.  Absolutely crystal clear.
One of the finest AAD discs I've ever heard.
I played it loud.  About the beginning of "There Goes a Tenner", as the
drum and bass notes collided in the pit of my stomach while Kate's voice
keened through my cerebrum, I realized that I'd never really *heard* the
album before.  During "The Dreaming" I began to have a religious
experience.  Yow.
So march right down to Poo Bah, corner of Walnut and Wilson in Pasadena,
California, and give them your $16.95.
I repeat, Yow.
						--Peter Alfke
						  alfke@csvax.caltech.edu
"See the light..."

PS: Also saw but didn't pick up the first two Pink Floyd albums, The
    Piper at the Gates of Dawn and A Saucerful of Secrets.  The Woodentops'
    Well Well Well is out on disc with four extra tracks, one of which is
    "Plutonium Rock".  Buy or die days indeed, but I still await Sgt.
    Pepper.