Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Submission for mod-music-gaffa

From: Jan Gray <jsgray%watmath.waterloo.edu@RELAY.CS.NET>
Date: 29 Dec 86 03:41:53 GMT
Subject: Submission for mod-music-gaffa
Responding-System: watmath.UUCP

From: jsgray@watmath.UUCP (Jan Gray)
Newsgroups: mod.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: X4
Date: 29 Dec 86 03:41:52 GMT

When I first heard Experiment IV, I immediately thought of A.C.
Clarke's "The Ultimate Melody" from _Tales of the "White Hart"_, in
which an experimenter discovers a melody so entrancing that he goes
catatonic humming it to himself.  I find this a more interesting
interpretation than the sound resonance weapon mentioned in the

Or to mangle Kate and Monty Python,
"They told us all they wanted was a joke that could kill someone"

Jan Gray    jsgray@watmath    University of Waterloo    (519) 885-5921

[NSA food: terrorist, cryptography, DES, drugs, CIA, secret, decode, foo]
[CSIS food: tuna, fiberglass coffins, supermailbox, microfiche, fuddle duddle]