Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KUKL, and more...

From: ranjit%cory.Berkeley.EDU@BERKELEY.EDU (Ranjit Bhatnagar)
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 86 14:12:05 PST
Subject: Re: KUKL, and more...

Newsgroups: mod.music.gaffa

>Really-From: hogge@p.cs.uiuc.edu (John Hogge)
>I'm talking about their "Holidays in Europe" LP and their (self titled?) EP,
>probably their only releases.

I thought I'd heard that name (KUKL) so I looked in my pile of old cassettes-
turns out there's an album called "The Eye" which I recorded off of KALX
years ago - and eventually erased.  But unless I got it wrong, there _is_
another album to look for.

OK - just what IS that thing in the photo on the back of "The Whole Story?"
It looks like it might really be something.

Random Band of the month: Batang Frisco - intrigued by the name, I picked it
up.  I just put it on the turntable so as to describe it.  Off to a bad start,
with boring rhythm and ordinary synthesizers, but it gets more interesting.
The rhymes and melody are vaguely reminiscent of the Residents.  Other than
that, I can't describe.  Synth organ reminds me of Meredith Monk.

Any suggestions for what to do with a sound sampler?  (Besides the obvious.)

Inspired Album of the month: Scott Johnson's "John Somebody."  Restored my
faith in the human race.  Well, anyway, it's fun to listen to.

Observation: Danielle Dax' album covers are so beautiful, I might actually
buy an album.  What is the music like?

	enough-
	-Ranjit