Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Rick Cooper <munnari!nucs.oz!rick@seismo.CSS.GOV>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 86 15:38:58 est

Dear America,
    you  leave  our  Severed  Heads  alone  and  we'll  leave  your  feeble
imitations  of  new  wave  music  alone.
   Now  getting  back  to  relevancies,  watch  out  for  Grotesque  Circular
Dance:  very  cool  a la  severed  heads.
   Other  cool  Australian  bands: Laughing  Clowns, Go Betweens, Ed  Kuepper,
Scattered  Order,  Surrender  Dorothy, Hipslingers, The  Church, Tomorrow's
Revue, Living  with  Robert, Waiting  for  Brasso, The  Triffids,The
Lighthouse  Keepers, Altar  Ego, IQ.
   Now  can  anyone  give  us  any  information  about  possible  forthcoming
tours  of  Australia  by  the  following  bands:  SIOUXSIE  AND  THE  BANSHEES
THE  SMITHS,THE  CURE ,and NEW  ORDER. (Thank you in anticipation.)
   For  anyone  reading  this  in  England,  I  saw  your  team  of  cricketers
playing  in  Newcastle  and  frankly  you  haven't  a  hope  in  hell of
retaining  the  Ashes: all  New  South  Wales  did  was  bowl  line  and
length  on  an  ordinary  wicket  and  we  had  you  all  out  for  82! Wait
till  Lawson  rips  into  your  feeble  excuses  for  batsmen!
   If  any  Americans  are  wondering  what  cricket  has  to  do  with  new
wave  music. Well, to  truly  appreciate  both  art  forms, one  needs  a
certain  amount  of  intelligence  and  CULTURE (remember: that  thing  you
abandoned  after  you  threw  the  British  out!) I  mean  any  country  that
has  magazines (eg: Sports  Illustrated)  that  rate  Ian  Botham  as  the
greatest  cricketer  this  century  must  have  severe  deficiencies  in
intelligence  and  veracity. After  all  you  Americans  think  that  Paul
Hogan  is  an  average  Australian. We  think  that  he  is  an  average
American.
   NOW  GETTING  BACK  TO  MUSIC. Can  any  Britons  (down  with  the  monarchy,
up  with  the  Empire)  give  us  some  information  about  the  following
people : FINAL  JUDGEMENT, MAKING  TIME,  the  recent  activities of  MICK
KARN, HEAVEN  17, recent  news  on  ULTRAVOX, and  MONOCHROME  SET.
   NEW  WAVE  PEOPLE  IN  BLACK  RULE!
   KATE  MAY  BE  GOOD,  BUT  SIOUXSIE'S  BETTER!
   Finally
           If  you  expect  the  worst  in  life
           Then  reality  usually  comes  to  you  as  a  relief  if  not
           a  pleasant  surprise.
                                ME (Paul).

                                  Paul and Rick.

P.S. Diana for Queen.
P.P.S. Paul likes Donna (from The Uptown Circus (where Severed Heads played)).
P.P.P.S. We're going for a few drinks, we'll have some for you.