Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Windpuke Hill and Klaus Schulze

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 86 12:59:36 EST
Subject: Re: Windpuke Hill and Klaus Schulze

Sorry to disappoint you, Mr. Rossi, but I've known about Windom Hill
as long I've known about Kate Bush.  The person who introduced me to
Windom Hill is the same person that introduced me to Crass and Kate
Bush.  I purchased my one and only Windom Hill album years before I
ever knew that Kate Bush had ever heard of them, and I have no intent
of purchasing any more.  They make nice background music (I only have
limited use for background music, but sometimes it is nice to have
music that you can play while talking to someone), and they are
certainly much much less objectionable than the yuppies who seem to
like them so much.  Windom Hill music (other than their piano music)
often does have a certain edge to it.  For example, William Ackerman's
guitar is often miked so that the fret scraping is painfully audible.
Of couse, I find the scraping noises to be the most interesting part.
If you deny this aspect to their music, you merely haven't listened to
it.

I certainly wouldn't compare Windom Hill to Klaus Schulze, whom I
think is far superior and whom by I own a reasonable selection of
records.