Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Excellent Birds

From: drukman%UMass.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU (Jonathan S. Drukman)
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 86 13:42:16 EST
Subject: Excellent Birds

Does anyone know the complete history behind "Excellent Birds"?
I have so far seen it on Laurie Anderson's "Mr. Heartbreak" album,
and on the tape version of Gabriel's "So" - in a remixed form.
Now, I've just seen a letter here that claims it was on the
soundtrack for "Against All Odds" (is that the same one that
gave us that shitty Phil Collins song?)

So what's the deal?  And which version appeared on the AAO
soundtrack?

Jon Drukman
BITNET: Drukman@UMass
ARPANET: rms.g.jon%mit-oz@mit-mc

"In the Black Light Trap, we make all our mistakes
 In the black light trap, we go in and out like tiny snakes"
--Shriekback, "Black Light Trap"