Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

New and/or Newly Discover (by me) Bands

From: seismo!udenva!showard (Steve "Blore" Howard)
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 86 17:54:24 mst
Subject: New and/or Newly Discover (by me) Bands

  In order to distract myself from the Great "The Dreaming" Debate, I've
been listening to some of the following albums.  Info on origins, previous
work, etc. would be much appreciated:

   The Housemartins "London 0 Hull 4"
   The Celibate Rifles
   Swamp Thing "Learning to Disintegrate"
   The Bluebells "Sisters"  (They seem to have some connection with
ex-Damned frontman Captain Sensible)
   The Beat Farmers "Van Go" and their earlier (self-titled?) LP
   Jane Siberrey (sp?) "The Speckless Sky"
   The Dead Milkmen "Eat Your Paisley" --also the single "Bitchin' Camaro"

   While I'm at it, can anyone tell me which Smiths album has "Panic" on
it?

--
"I pelted him with rocks, I stitched a scarlet letter 'K' on his
shirt so everybody would know what a knucklehead he is."

Steve "Blore" Howard, still hazy after all these beers
                      {hplabs, seismo}!hao!udenva!showard
or {boulder, cires, ucbvax!nbires, cisden}!udenva!showard