Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: questions...

From: Nou Dadoun <dadoun%ubc.csnet@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 86 12:47:31 PST
Subject: Re: questions...
Newsgroups: mod.music.gaffa

In article <8610270608.AA00608@watdragon.uucp> Crocodile Dundee <tcjones%watdragon.waterloo.edu@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA> writes:

>hi. some questions...
>and does anyone out there know if/when/where laurie anderson is playing in
>december
No, but I'd be interested in finding out.

>and has anyone got the anderson/giorno/burroughs dbl album "you're the
>man I want to share my money with"

Yes, it consists mostly of material from United States I-IV including a couple
of things not on the 5 record set.  Burroughs, Giorno, and Anderson each get
one side of the double album and the third side is triple tracked (so which
one you get when you start the record is largely a matter of chance).

> and... does anybody
>know where to get hold of earlier anderson? e.g. "It's not the bullet that
>kills you it's the hole" etc.

Up until about a year ago you could still get the single from the New Music
Distribution Service (I think it's something like Fourth Floor,
500 Broadway, NYC).  There's also a late 70's experimental music compilation
called 'Air Waves' which includes 'Bullet', 'Is Anybody Home?' (far superior),
and two pieces for tape bow violin: 'Ethics is the Aesthetics of the Future'
and 'Song for Juanita'.

>and does anyone know of a group called Neu?

No but they're no relation.

"And the shrieks of the parrot filled the house through all the
 half-opened doors."  LA