Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Neu

From: "ROSSI J.A." <rossi@nusc.ARPA>
Date: 27 Oct 86 13:50:00 PST
Subject: Neu

In answer to Terry's question, the band Neu was a product of that Berlin
Electronic movement of the mid 70's.  I don't remember who came first but
eihter Neu spawned Cluster or Cluster spawned Neu.  At any rate, I believe
that either Moebius or Rodelius (Who have done two albums with Eno, incidently),or both were part of Neu.  I have at least one Neu album and it is equivalent
to all the rest of that Berlin stuff, of which Cluster, (Early) Tangerine Dream,Klaus Schulze, Michael Hoenig, Eberhard Schroener (SP?), (Early) Edgar Froese
solo, and (Early) Eroc are most representative samples of.  Generally, this
form of music done mainly with archaic synthesizer and effects technology
has pretty much bit the dust, although Tangerine Dream and Klaus Schulze still
appear to have some following, though the music is less cosmicsy oriented
now.  I understand that something similar is happening out in CA now, and
is going under the collective title of New Age music (New World ?).  If anyone
has information on this new Space music (if it indeed exists) please let me
know.

Anybody want to buy a Synthi VCS3 cheap ?

John
------