Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: How do I get Kates singles set

From: hogge@p.cs.uiuc.edu (John Hogge)
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 86 20:25:23 CDT
Subject: Re: How do I get Kates singles set

/* ---------- "Re: How do I get Kates singles set" ---------- */
>	[Andrew Elliott]
>By the way, whoever it is that first mentioned the Cocteau Twins...I would
>just like to thank them from the bottom of my ears.  I really enjoy
>what I have heard so far and look forward to buying more of their records in
>the future.  Could someone suggest some other group...english or other that
>records stuff that is different and very enlightening as compared to the
>pop stuff on the radio...I would be enthusiastic for suggestions?

Here's a chance to put in a plug for "Danielle Dax", another artistic-minded
female whose album covers beat anything I have hanging on my walls at the
moment.  I just discovered her stuff and haven't listened to it enough to
make intelligent remarks describing it, but I remember some good guitar work,
interesting arrangements, variety of sounds, etc.  I like the Cocteau Twins,
but one strength DD has over them is more diversity.

--John