Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Mark Katsouros <KATSOURO@UMDD>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 86 12:53 EDT

> Mark, work that brain: try to explain WHY it is so silly of me to argue that
> Hounds of Love is better than The Dreaming.

Andy,
     Admittedly, I did not provide you with any reasons for my opinion.  The
simple truth is that I was way too busy "working my brain" for a huge class
assignment (writing device drivers), to take the time to post a more
substantive entry.  Why do I think that The Dreaming is the best thing to
happen to the human race since the wheel?  I'm not sure I can explain, nor am I
sure I *have* any concrete reasons.  I very simply *love* the album.  My
opinion is just that:  My *opinion*.  It is also my *opinion* that The Kick
Inside is Kate's second best album.  Why?  I don't know.  It's just real pretty
to me.  I was not trying to start a big debate.  I agree that these debates are
pointless.  Hounds of Love is a *great* album.  As a matter of fact, it's among
my "top five albums of all time."  ("Gee, I wonder what the other four are.")
I think we can all agree on one thing:  Kate is the greatest.  (Now if nobody
minds, I'm going to get back to my studies.)

Mark Kat(e)souros,

"Kyrie eleison
 Katie eleison
 Kyrie eleison"