Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Murder Music Redux

From: Tavares@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 86 14:58 EDT
Subject: Murder Music Redux
Delivery-By: Network_Server.Daemon@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA
Delivery-Date: 21 Sep 86 15:45 EDT

OK, I bit; I sent away for the "Murder Music" compilation from our dear
friend Pastor Brothers of Freedom Village (under an assumed first name,
of course, because if I have to resign myself to getting on hundreds of
Christer mailing lists, at least I want to be able to know where my more
bizarre mail is coming from).

Somehow I expected something more scholarly.  These mental giants can't
even spell "Grateful Dead" correctly (or even wrong the same way
consistently).  I don't think there's a band they trust (except maybe
Lawrence Welk, and then again, trust is such a STRONG word...)

They attack musicians such as Stevie Nicks, Brooce, The Bee Gees, the
Beatles, Santana, Linda Ronstadt, Van Haven (sic), Yes, and Stevie
Wonder.  They call The Who's "Tommy" "a filthy blasphemy against
Christianity." They couldn't find any lyrics to attack Janis Joplin;
however they could do (and so did) a number on her lifestyle.

The best part is their cut on Pat Benatar:  "Her album _Crimes of
Passion_ includes the song 'Hell is for Children.' That's not what I
want to teach my children." Terrific.  Christers attack an
anti-child-abuse song.  Nice to have living proof that the phrase
"knee-jerk conservative" is not an oxymoron after all.