Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: New stuff: Hula / D. Dax / Joe Jackson

From: Henry Mensch <henry@ATHENA.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 86 05:27:00 -0500
Subject: Re: New stuff: Hula / D. Dax / Joe Jackson

>> Joe Jackson  "Big World"

>> Started out brilliantly, a fusion of his early guitar-based energy and
>> later musical sophistication, but lost me somewhere along the line.
>> I'll have to listen to it some more (just got it today) to really be
>> able to grok its fullness.  (Love the DDD sound, tho.)

The best part about this album is the environment in which it was
produced.  Jackson held several unannounced (more-or-less) concerts
across the country, and attempted to make the album by taking down the
music live at the concert.  All fine and good, except he kept shushing
up the audience ...

Saw 'im in New York,
-- Henri / <henry@athena.mit.edu>