Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

OK

From: "ROSSI J.A." <rossi@nusc.ARPA>
Date: 13 Sep 86 19:16:00 PST
Subject: OK

I guess I should have figured it.  Sexual symbolism is not beyond the reach
of our Katie (What???).  As for Aboriginal culture, I think its fair to say
that among most of the hidden civilizations found by western man, the Aussies
had the most insight into what they were undoing.  I support my point by
the observation of the relatiuve lack of Catholic (or Christian) Aboriginal.
As we God toating whities decend on most unsuspecting races, we first try to
thrust our God (why I still capilalize the referenl{e, I don't know) down
their throats.  Be it by the fact that the Aussies wewe themselves outcasts,
or whjatever, much more Aboriginal culture exists as an important part of
Australian lore than does, say, our understanding of the Plains Indians.  Also,
unlike the South African situation, the Aboriginals were discovered quit by
and were not purposefullu hunted and persecuted.  Maybe, Coitus should have
done a song about our south Pacific state and what we did to the people who livbed
there.  Something about a band called Coitus doing a song about the real
reaming of a civilizxation has some ring.  As for Kate's exploitation, I'd
rathewr see a video of her banging a Kanger on the hood of as car.

John
------