Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

can-Kate-inations

From: IED0DXM%UCLAMVS.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 86 12:57 PDT
Subject: can-Kate-inations

>"Rituals" is a nice contrast to Kate's music, and that the more
>music one is exposed to, the more he/she will appreciate Kate's.

Nothing against "Rituals" in particular, Mark, but your basic
conclusion is certainly true! Generally speaking, the more music IED
is exposed to, the more he realizes how BAD it is compared to Kate's.

>     One more thing:  Believe me, my contact is trying his hardest
>to acquire
>some copies of The Dreaming on CD.  A Love Hound recently asked
>if anyone had
>actually ever held one in their hand.  My contact assures me
>that he has,
>that he can eventually get his hands on more of them.  The problem
>is that The
>Dreaming just plain isn't very successful in England, as we all know,
>and as
>a result, is a rare thing on CD.  Now that Capitol has opened
>a new plant in
>America, that could change, given the album is *relatively* successful .
>here.
>English plants have apparently halted all production of this CD,
>though my
>contact feels he can find some of the ones already produced
>lying around in
>his importers' stock.  Import laws could be another obstacle.
>Just letting
>everyone know that I'm still trying, and am on the phone every
>other day about
>this matter.

>Mark Kat(e)souros

Well, Mark, L-Hs wish you luck, but remain eKsTremely dubious.
Show me, is what IED says. Of course, if you do come up with a stack
of these things, he will come crawling, cringing and tugging at his
forelock in humble contrition, begging for forgiveness and a copy.
As for a US CD, well... The Dreaming may not have been a massive
hit in the UK, but it certainly did better -- much, much better --
there than here, so it would seem highly unlikely that a domestic
CD would appear in anything like the near future.