Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sylvian/Sakamoto

From: Robert Stanzel <apollo!rps>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 86 10:29:17 EDT
Subject: Sylvian/Sakamoto

Picked up a fine 12" called "Bamboo Houses"; it dates to 1982, and is a
French Virgin release.  I'm not up on the exact chronology, but it must be
post-Japan, and is pre-"Brilliant Trees".  It's co-produced by Steve Nye.
Did Sylvian do anything else with Sakamoto?

The two cuts are "Bamboo Houses" and "Bamboo Music"; they're mostly
synth instrumentals, with a few sung lyrics by Sylvian and muttered things
by Sakamoto.  (The usual gaijin question:  anyone know the translation?)

Rob
--

Jimmy Carter?  Oh, yeah -- he's the one who made me register for the draft...
-------