Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

(what else?) Kate

From: ranjit%cory.Berkeley.EDU@BERKELEY.EDU (Ranjit Bhatnagar)
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 86 17:34:16 PDT
Subject: (what else?) Kate

I just bought my FIRST Kate album (hounds) and I wanted to shout it
out to the world!  But L-H will do.  Until now, I've been subsisting on
a videotape of "Live at the Whatchamacallit."

My Kate history: 'bout a year ago, I saw on two different video music
programs (neither MTV) a surprising video, and missed the title/artist
overlay each time.  Haunted by the mysterious woman with the wild voice,
I rummaged through records and magazines, but to no avail.  Then I began
to hear about K on the net, and I suspected that the mystery was nearly
solved.  When I happened upon "Live at the Whosit" on the tube, though,
I knew I had found her.

Oh, at the record store, I glanced at a wall and what should I see but
a French "Hounds of Love" poster, which (along with the album picture)
said something about "33 tours" and "Le premier disque."  It was apparently
in good condition, and twelve bucks, and I'll pick it up for any isolated
collector out there who has been coveting such a poster.  First come,
first serve.  Offer void where prohibited.

And that's it.

	Ranjit

 .......(o o).......  ranjit@cory.berkeley.edu
 ---vvv---U---vvv---  ucbvax!cory!ranjit

 "Irrationality is the square root of all evil" - Douglas Hofstadter