Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

just what we need, a religious discussion

From: hsut@ec.purdue.edu (Bill Hsu)
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 86 10:57:51 EST
Subject: just what we need, a religious discussion

So what was this discussion on religion at Doug's place? Anyone take
notes :-)?

I'm kinda an agnostic (tho tending to the atheist side), and most of my
friends are religious without belonging to some organized religion,
christian but not Christian, catholic but not Catholic, if you know
what I mean. I think it's great that people have religious experiences
with music (jeez, sometimes even I do :-)) tho I sympathize with IED
in that I might be a little unhappy if some music publication I paid
for decides to become a religious pamphlet.

Of course religious imagery/metaphor in music is a completely different
matter; I love it if it's done properly.

Then again I'm also for having the next Katemas party in St. Louis :-)

Bill Hsu