Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Whats new in HINRG?

From: "ROSSI J.A." <rossi@nusc.ARPA>
Date: 29 Jul 86 14:24:00 PST
Subject: Whats new in HINRG?

Pascal called me last night to inform me that TRANS-X's latest album was
released on Atco last week.  He also appologizes for becomming the
darling of the 'Gay-Disco' set, and assures me that the new album is more
in line with what Hofboyy (note:I got the correct duplicate letter this
time) hates in Euro-Techno-Wimpy pop.  Pascal is using two backup females
for vocals now so now he should sound like a cross between Kraftwerk and
The Eurithmetics.  Anyway, for the few fans of Living on Video, it is the
first single from this album (its on both) and has hit the CA charts with
a bullet.  Knowing his flair for extravagance, I'll be surprised to see
a fully listenable album this time, but, Who Knows?

If the LH party is going to be anytime between 21 AUG and 26 AUG we can
have it in Arlington, VA.  APA is in Washington, and I'll have a suite
at the Guest Quarters there for that time.  It offers all the amenities
and, I havent trashed a hotel during a convention since 1977.

Even if there is no organized party there at that time, any LH locals can
feel free to come over and start one during that week.  Please note, however,
I do not have A. as a middle name as my stupid mailer keeps telling the
world.  At any rate, I'd be interested if anything worthwile is going on
in the Wash-Balt-Phil area during that time to find out.

John
------