Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Alice Cooper ?

From: "ROSSI J.A." <rossi@nusc.ARPA>
Date: 14 Jul 86 20:14:00 PST
Subject: Alice Cooper ?

Has anyone ever heard of Bob Ezrin?  He apparently produced Alice Cooper's
last (?) album called DaDa (1983).  Along from co-producing it he gets
the album credits for all the Fairlight work onb the |LP.  Now, I know that
Alice Cooper is quite far from Kate Bush but the Fairlight work on DaDA
is just about as good (and better in parts) than what either Kate or PG have
musttered up to date.  Anyway, this guy Ezrin isn't bad and assuming thaty
his life has not been overshadowed by working in a late-model Alice Cooper
act, he deserves some attention.
ow, you might ask, Why was I listening to an Alice Cooper album anyway?  In
truth, my 8 yr old really gets off on his early stuff (Refrigerator Heaven,
Love it to Death and Killer) which he found in my vintage collection.  He
persuaded me to buy him DaDa at a recent trek to the local Mall.  I used to
enjoy Alice so I listened to the album (Typical except for Ezrin).  Well,
out of the record buying habits of babes, often come Fairlight Gems?

School's out for summer!
(If Doug can quote Paul Simon, here, then why not Alice Cooper?)
John
------