Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

This Time

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 86 01:15:34 EDT
Subject: This Time

I've transcribed the lyrics to "Not This Time", which is the B-side to
"The Big Sky" single.  You might remember that I have thought this
song pretty yucky.  Well, in transcribing the lyrics, I have had to
listen to it a lot, and I have to say that I have after all become
rather fond of it.  I still think that the arrangement sucks
(especially the guitar), but the vocals are so emotionally powerful
that I can at times overlook that.  Here are the lyrics as heard by
the semi-reliable ears of Doug Alan (does Our Katie really say another
naughty word?):

	NOT THIS TIME

	Over the line that renders everything sensitive
	What chance do I have being here?
	Put an end, put an end
	Put an end to every dream
	When you're near, I feel you, and I forget myself

	Not this time, baby
	Not this time
	Not this time, baby  (Not this time)

	I don't know why I build a mountain, every time
	And here I am wondering why I'm doing it again
	"Too-lee-yay, too-lee-yo, too-lee-yay, too-lee-yo, too-lee-yo"
	That's what I say to keep me going
	To keep the shit away
	I don't know what it is, but every time you're near
	I feel you, and I forget myself

	No, not  this time, baby (No)
	Aww, not this time, we won't (No)
	Oh, not this time (No)