Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Cutout Bin TD

From: Jeff Dalton <jeff%aiva.edinburgh.ac.uk@Cs.Ucl.AC.UK>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 86 21:01:47 -0100
Subject: Cutout Bin TD

   ... I believe that TD will soon appear in cut-out bins.  Annd willl be
   the first of kate's albums to go 'Out of Print'. ...

In the UK (e.g., Virgin Records), The Dreaming is a low-price LP (3.99
pounds); the others cost 5.99 or so.  This is probably a good thing since
more people will buy it, but I'm not sure what it means for the future.

Do you remember More Songs About Buildings and Food?  That seemed to go
almost straight to the cut-outs in the US (where I lived at the time), but now
its one of the most expensive TH lps (UK).  What do thes things mean?  Not
popular enough?