Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

re:Frippertronics

From: John Lorch <harvard!seismo!umcp-cs!jhunix!ecf_hydb>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 86 10:15:23 EDT
Subject: re:Frippertronics

	The vocals on Exposure are by Terre Roche, one of the fabulous
Roches. Robert Fripp produced their first (and probably best) album,
"the Roches".  They plan to record a Christmas album soon with Fripp.
Personally, I like her vocals on that song. You would probably prefer
the original, which appeared on Peter Gabriel's second album. Terre also
sings several other songs on Exposure, including a duet with Peter
Hammill.

	More Fripperies - two new Fripp albums are scheduled for release
this month by JEM.  One is Robert Fripp and the League of Crafty
Guitarists, which consists of Bobo and his guitar class from West
Virginia (I think it's Claremont - not sure). This should be
interesting, as it's app. seventeen acoustic guitars, mostly doing
classic Fripp riffs. The second lp is a duet with Fripp's new wife,
Toyah Wilcox. I'm not familiar with her music, so no guesses here.

John Lorch
Johns Hopkins University
Homewood Computing Facilities

UUCP:   ihnp4!whuxcc!jhunix!ecf_hydb