Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RUN! Don't walk...

From: bu-cs!sam
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 86 12:25:01 EDT
Subject: RUN! Don't walk...

...to your nearest Strawberries or <insert your favorite record store
here>, and BUY THE ALBUM SOUNDTRACK to the movie "Dangerously Close".
How, you may ask, did I come upon this stupendous discovery??  Well,
as is in my nature, I recently had a mad obsession with the single,
"Blood and Roses" by the Smithereens, and went trapesing into my
neighborhood record store to find it.  But alas, they did not have the
single, and the album wasn't out yet.  "But," said my friendly neighborhood
record salesman, "if you are really desperate, they appear on the soundtrack
for `Dangerously Close'."  Now of course at this point, I hadn't even HEARD
of the damn movie, but I did warp six to the soundtrack section nonetheless.
And there, on Side One, Track One, was my song.  (Ahhhhh...)  So I get
home and play the tape and it's GREAT!  Here's what's on it:

	Blood and Roses		- The Smithereens
	Chill Out		- Black Uhuru
	Sea Of Cortez		- Green on Red
	Change Today?		- Tsol
	Kiss of Death		- Lords of the New Church
	Find Your Own Way	- Lost Pilots
	Some Other Guy		- The Smithereens
	Hunt Down	 	- Michael McCarty
	The Search		- Michael McCarty