Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Big Country

From: allegra!whuxb!ambar
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 86 14:53:31 EDT
Subject: Re: Big Country

>From Hugh Maher:
>No, I'm not very impressed by Big Country, although I'll be interested
>in hearing their new album, since I've always thought that there
>were a lot of folk influences struggling to dig out from Steve Lillywhite's
>production....But I'm still not sure if I'll actually BUY the entire album.

True!  My 100% classical-and-folk-rock-rots-the-brain roommate was
enduring BC's THE CROSSING patiently when she suddenly said "Hey...I
know that tune...it's Gae Gordon!"...  Which means nothing to me, I
like Big Country anyway.  So, I shall be buying the new album, and
putting it on the shelf next to THE CROSSING and STEELTOWN and, yes,
the EP WONDERLAND.

{Sorry guys, I don't go for remixes.}

					AMBAR								`Calm down; it's only ones and zeros.`