Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Recurdz

From: salamir%UMass.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU (Ron Lussier -- SalNet Hacker)
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 86 10:31:58 EDT
Subject: Recurdz

Haven't been on the net for a while..(account died, and currently in
New Jersey for the summer)...

SOme records I got since school ended...

DAVID J's LP, "On Glass" (On Glass Records, of course!)...
David J = Bass player from Bauhaus, in Love and Rockets, etc...
Good album, but don't expect it to sound *like* Bauhaus (only
one song sorta does - "I Can't SHake the Shadow of Fear")
The music has more acoustic guitar, piano, and the like...one
track even has the Jazz Butcher...

The Mission's EP, "Serpents Kiss" - sounds exactly like the
Sisters of Mercy (I wonder why?!?! *snicker*)  need I say more?
But good stuff nonetheless...

Love and ROckets' EP "Kundalini Express" is...GREAT!  THe usual
distortion guitar....and a cover of "Lucifer Sam" on the B-side.

and for some unknown reason, I purchased a copy of Sigue Sigue Sputnik's
"21st Century Boy"...   and...it isn't much better than "Love Missile
F1-11"...  in fact, IT SOUNDS pretty much THE SAME...just different words.
Even the B-side, "Buy EMI (4 Million Pound Mix)" sounds like the B-side
of Love Missile!!! (ARGH!)

Until I get on some compuiter system again...
Fidelis Orozco
USED TO BE: LOveCat@UMass.Bitnet