Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Without the sleaze Bill?

From: allynh@calder.berkeley.edu (Allyn Hardyck)
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 86 03:31:28 PDT
Subject: Without the sleaze Bill?

Did you really mean Chris and Cosey were less sleazy than TG, or were you
doing a double entendre on Peter Christopherson's nickname Sleazy?  If the
former, well...

Chris and Cosey / Club Foot Orchestra @ Wolfgang's, SF, May 8
(another old review, sorry)

Another show went to with Danny.  I was recently shown an old copy of the
NME Singles review section mentioning Danny's band, Stukas Over Bedrock...
Well golly?  Well we both got pretty smashed, me buying the drinks cuz
he forgot his fake ID, cuz Club Foot was pretty dull.  I don't care if
Snakefinger's in them or that they backed up the Femmes, by themselves
they're just too loungy.

C & C passed through the crowd before the show, Chris first.  And on stage,
it was Chris on the left with the keyboard bank, Cosey on a chair to his right,
with her guitar case full of effects boxes, and her cornet.  Very "Crackdown"
era CV it seemed to me.  And the videos - reminded me of Film 2 last fall,
bits from "Un Chien Andalou" and Rene Clair's "Entr'acte".  North Indian
dancing, and let me tell you it's one thing to have Prince undulating on
stage on a brass bed, it's quite another to watch footage of Cosey performing
fellatio on these massively endowed males.  Also tantra cult ritual aerobics.
Smiled at the close of the show, said "Bye now" like you were leaving their
Bed and Breakfast inn.  CTI CTI CTI CTI CTI CTI CTI CTI CTI CTI CTI CTI CTI CTI