Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

that isn't what *I* meant (and wimps)

From: Lester Bang's Orphan <hofmann@AMSAA.ARPA>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 86 15:13:03 EDT
Subject: that isn't what *I* meant (and wimps)

>Hoffboy was the one who implied that the Limeys ``stole'' ``our'' music.

Hell if I did!  Well, there *was* the Ramones and, oh, wait, yeah, The
New York Dolls and going back further Muddy Waters and Phil and Don, oh
shit... THEY didn't steal it - we GAVE it to them.  Oh well, I'm not
complaining as to what they did.  No one will probably believe this but
I was really trying to stir up a hornets nest and did somewhat half-assedly.
Apologies never BUT it is true that I don't listen to much "English" music
(i.e. Music originating with people who are English...) except of course
for Part 1 (Pictures of Pain) and Conflict UK and oh, yeah, that Heresy
thingie flexi and oh shit, the Fall... Damn! Down the Rabbit Hole again
I go.

(and that's Hofboyy damnit - change my name and STILL everyone screws it up!)

But I guess I meant to say is that I don't like the droners too much and
that's personal taste and I don't mean to insult anyone's personal taste
anymore ... if there's anything I've learned in the last coupla days/weeks
is that this is a worthless exercise benefitting no one (Don't TAKE THAT
as an APOLOGY!  though!  NEVER!!!)

I read an opinion that the best English group is the Scientists and they're
from Australia ... hmmmmm....

>I don't like pigeonholing either.  If you're on this list, that should be
>true for all of you.  OK, here's what's in my recently purchased pile:

But WE ALL DO IT... so you have to ACCEPT it, right?

  >Big Stick: 7" EP

Bitte - ein Addresse!  and cost!  (please mail to me personally at, well,
you know the address...)  And oh yeah - what do YOU think of this, poisanally?

  >Janet Jackson:
>  Control LP;

And how do you find this "gem"?  I'm curious that's all (and I won't
fricasse you for your poisonal tastes)...

{ Oh yeah, while I'm here - congrats to Alfke for his Bonzo posting
  in net.musak - hey, dude, youse ain't a wimp afterall - 'cept for
  that funny shirt you're wearing... but I'll get you to admit
  sooner or later that EVERYTHING is post-modern ... }