Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Dr. John

From: seismo!scgvaxd!tcville!wwiii!meyer (Mike Meyer)
Date: Thu, 29 May 86 19:07:03 pdt
Subject: Dr. John

Speaking of toe-tapping New Orleans piano, Dr. John/Mac Rebbanack
himself has got a couple of wonderful albums out on the label
Clean Cuts.  These feature solo piano from the good ol' Nite Tripper,
vocals on a couple of songs.  They are awesome, the pressings are
wonderful, and I understand that a book featuring transcriptions of
many or all of the pieces is available somewhere, with or without the
record, for those who want to do it themselves.

One of the albums is called "Dr. John Plays Mac Rebbanack", the other
title escapes me...

Anyone know more about the book/course/or whatever it is?  This seems
like a wonderful thing to sequence in on my Mirage....

--
Mike Meyer
Image and Signal Processing Lab