Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Big (Budget) Sky Video

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 86 20:44:30 EDT
Subject: Re: The Big (Budget) Sky Video

I think that someone pointed out to Kate that Empty-V seems to have a
strong dislike for her style of video, and so she sat down and watched
nothing but Empty-V for a week.  And then thought to herself, "Pphah!
I can do that *much* better!"  She then proceeded to make the silliest
Empty-V-like video possible, throwing in every single Empty-V cliche
that ever existed or ever will exist and lots of other stuff just for
good measure, all the while having a fun time.  It worked too!  This
is the first video of Kate's ever to be in rotation on Empty-V (it's
only in light rotation, however).

		"That cloud looks like one of those brown shiny things"

		 Doug

P.S. By the way, I think it's brilliant!  Way Postmodern....

P.P.S.  Peter Gabriel's video for "Sledgehammer" is pretty amusing
too.

P.P.P.S.  So remember we were thinking about having another
Dial-for-Kate-athon?  I'm in a bit of a quandry though.  It seems that
calling up Empty-V for a video not in rotation is useless -- the dorky
operators just say "But that's not on my form".  And if the video
already is in rotation, then what's the point?  I mean, I'm morally
opposed to "heavy rotation" anyway.  (Then again, morals can be bent
for the love of Kate....)  What do you guys think about the issue?