Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Fairlights

From: John Lorch <harvard!seismo!umcp-cs!jhunix!ecf_hydb>
Date: Tue, 27 May 86 11:16:03 EDT
Subject: Fairlights

	There seems to be some mis-ingformation on the subject of Faithe Fairlight
C.M.I. (computer Mmusical instrument, metrhinks. The Fariir light is a synthesiczer.
It was originally designerd to be the satate of the art synthi, and the quite
overused sampling section was tacked on a t the last minute. It is not just a
sampling keyboard like the Emulator ofr Mirage - it does synthisesis quite well.
zI've never beenlu lucky enoutgh to play one (only seen one once), but I have a fr
uses pone in a class . I'll approach him for more info.
	Oh, yeah, I nearly forgot .. Someone mentioned in a previous L.H. that
KB used a Harmonizer on Waking the Witch. My guess is that ir t was the Fairlight
samolpling section - record her lines, lthen slow them down to lower the pitch.
dDoes anyone have any input on this thoeory?