Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sue roasting on an open fire...flames tickling her nose...

From: Susanne E Trowbridge <umcp-cs!jhunix!ins_aset@seismo.CSS.GOV>
Date: Wed, 21 May 86 15:46:31 EDT
Subject: Sue roasting on an open fire...flames tickling her nose...

>Date:     Thu, 15 May 86 12:17:38 EDT
>From: Hofmann@AMSAA.ARPA
>Subject:  Dayglo Abortions

>You mean they send you albums and you don't EVEN PLAY THEM?????

>BEcause of the cover?????  Whatdafug??? Give it to me - I'll get it
>mentioned somewheres. . .actually I hear LOTS of good things about
>that band,,, this really makes me puke when I hear of people getting
>free records and not even playing it.  That's bad, Sue ... I should
>forward that to all the record companies and especially the Dayglo
>Abortions.  You should be ashamed, not proud.

Cripes, hof, have you been in a bad mood lately or what?  If you
will recall, I said, "No way was *I* going to put that sucker on
the turntable."  I didn't mean I was going to throw it away,
ferGod'ssake.  We do not THROW records AWAY at WJHU unless they
are really useless MAJOR LABEL 12" singles, like the latest
Julian Lennon, that we would never play and nobody wants.

I checked the record in, put it in the New Record section of the
library, and let the program director check it out (he's much
more into hardcore than I am.)  I'm sorry that I'm so SQUEAMISH
that I was offended by the cover.  Seems that some of these bands
just want to see how much they can get away with.  I for one am
not amused by gross images of the Pope, the President, foetuses,
Jesus, etc.  I am an agnostic, but that has nothing to do with
it.  I just don't see why these people feel the need to be so
disgusting and offensive.  Just to be shocking, I suppose.

There now, may I take off my asbestos suit?  What is it about me
lately (snif)?  I innocently recommend an Anna Domino record, and
I get flamed for that too (by someone who seems to have me and
Hof confused, no less!).  Some people are so closed-minded.  Some
people seem to think, "Well, I love (music type A), so anybody
who doesn't listen to (music type A) and prefers (music type B)
must be a WANKER."  It isn't so.  Some of my best friends are
Madonna fans...

The Roxy Music CD that gtaylor referred to earlier must have been
the double-LP/CD set, "Street Life," which contains songs by Roxy
and Bryan Ferry's solo material.

Taking the heat,
-Sue