Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: SSUD3%UK.AC.SUSSEX.VAX2@AC.UK
Date: 20-MAY-1986 18:24:20

Just a few questions regarding the new Peter Gabriel album
I bought yesterday:

1) Maybe I should have made it "the new PG - CD", since
   Virgin records issued the CD simultaneously with the
   album. Was this the case in the U.S.? Did Geffen records
   release the CD of "So" yesterday?

2) I was really expecting a digital recording, in light of
   all the fuss over "security", as well as it being one of
   the first US CD's and all.....however, the SPARS code on
   this new CD says "AAD", which seems a bit suspicious, since
   not only does the CD sound excellent, but one would think
   that at least he'd MIX the album digitally. Perhaps they
   made a mistake and it should be "DDD"?

   What does the Geffen CD say about this?

More reaction to the album to follow tomorrow.

Hugh Maher