Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Cd Plants

From: "Scott Frazier" <DPH.SWF@OZ.AI.MIT.EDU>
Date: Sat 17 May 86 16:05:58-EDT
Subject: Cd Plants

There are currently 2 fully operational compact disc plants in the
world at this time. One is owned by Sony/Epic and the other is owned
by Warner Communications. When you see that a disc was made by another
company, they have contracted one of the plants to make their CD's. I
am not sure if there are other plants in production, but I do know
that if Compact Disc ever catches on, the companies would LOVE to
phase out vinyl. One of the claims to fame of this product is not in
the disc itself, but in the case that your disc comes in. They are
relatively cheap and they also won't break under any normal pressures
that either shipping or storage could inflict. They do an excellent
job of protecting your investment.  If you buy a disc and the prongs
that hold it inside are broken, you might consider taking it back.

Swf

[Jeez, I can't stand those tiny ugly little boxes that CDs come in!  I
wish they'd come in normal record jackets!!!  -- Doug]