Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Educating Fuey

From: tsung@aerospace.ARPA
Date: 15 May 86 13:00:59 PDT (Thu)
Subject: Educating Fuey
Posted-Date: 15 May 86 13:00:59 PDT (Thu)

KXLU played one side of this group "Partly Cloudy"'s (apparantly first)
album, labelled "Left Hemisphere".  The other side is, you guessed it,
"Right Hemisphere".  My first impression was: "Hey, Laurie Anderson Jr.!";
only there is less emphasis on lyrics and more on music/sound
effects/noise.  Now I think their music resembles more Tones on Tail
(the 3EP-in-1 I have).  For fans of both I think "Partly Cloudy" is
worth checking out.  Anybody know more about them?

***

Would somebody describe a little the music of Throbbing Gristle/Chris &
Cosy/whats-the-other-one to me?  (Alfke?)

What's a good first introduction to Butthole Surfers (besides the latest one)
and Camper Van Beethoven (what's the folksy song that goes "...take one step
from here ... second step ... third step ..." etc)?

Anybody else think the song "Hawk" from the movie "Trouble in Mind"
(sung by Marianne Faithful) is TOTALLY AWESOME?  Is there any chance
I can get it without buying the whole soundtrack (which I think contains
only one other MF song and otherwise unremarkable instrumental music)?

			Tune in next time for more annoying questions,
			Fu-Sheng