Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KB & PG, and a Cure question

From: Nancy Everson <everson@BBN-SPCA.ARPA>
Date: Fri, 16 May 86 12:22:44 EDT
Subject: KB & PG, and a Cure question

Hi.  This is the first time I have sent anything to Love-Hounds, so
maybe I should say that I'm a recent convert to Kate Bush, but a bit
fanatical (as converts tend to be).  My tastes in music run heavily to
the Cure, OMD, New Order, Echo & the B-men, and Elvis Costello.

I heard the new Peter Gabriel/Kate Bush duet from _SO_ on the radio
yesterday afternoon.  I was at work, so I didn't listen to closely, but
it was pretty.  I think it will get lots of play on progressive easy
listening stations everywhere. :-)

Now, the real reason for my first posting, I finally got the cd of the
Cure's _Seventeen Seconds_ yesterday, and noticed two "flaws".  I was
wondering if all the disks are this way, or if I should take it back for
a replacement.  The flaws:  1.)  2:22 into "M", the right channel drops
out for a split-second.  2.) at the end of "Seventeen Seconds", the song
ends apparently in the middle of a note, sort of like a careless person
had been taping the song and turned off the recorder before the song was
quite over.  Otherwise, it sounds great.  Are these problems found on
other disks, or is it just this particular one?

By the way, I happened to notice yesterday at the Harvard Square Newbury
comics:  the Kate Bush cd's are found directly behind the Jaques Brel
cd's.  I was amused, in light of recent LH discussions.

				    - Nancy
				    (everson@bbn-spca.arpa)
				    (i don't know uucp)