Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Video Question re KB

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Fri, 16 May 86 17:54:23 EDT
Subject: Re: Video Question re KB

> [John Rossi:]

> Were there any other video releases from the Dreaming other than
> Suspended in Gaffa.  More specifically, was there a video release of
> the title track?  Does anyone have information of any Laser Disk
> video releases of Kate's stuff?

Yeah, Kate Bush was one of the first people to do videos.  She has
done a video for every single she has released and then some.  There
is a compilation of her videos called "The Singles File".  It contains
videos for "Wuthering Heights", "The Man With The Child In His Eyes",
"Them Heavy People", "Wow", "Hammer Horror", "Breathing", "Army
Dreamers", "Babooshka", "Sat In Your Lap", "The Dreaming", "There Goes
A Tenner", and "Suspended In Gaffa".

Unfortunately, it was never released in the U.S. and is thus only
available as a Japanese import.  (I wouldn't play a British import
video tape in my US VCR, and expect to see anything, if I were you).
Price for video cassette: $75.  (In England it sells for 19.99
Pounds).  Price for laser disk: $29.99.  The laser disk can be ordered
from Instant Replay in Waltham, MA.  They do mail order and their
phone number is (617) 890-9262.  "Kate Bush Live at the Hammersmith
Odeon" is also available on laserdisk for $29.99.  The video cassette
of this *was* released in the US and is available for about $55.

Regarding Kate and synths...  Kate has said that personally she isn't
overly-fond of synthesizers much.  She thinks they sound too
mechanical and artificial.  She much prefers the organic sound and
distorted reality sound of sampling keyboards.

		"Roxanne, you don't need to turn on the fair light"

		 Doug