Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

More Kate Rescending / Jaques Brel

From: "ROSSI J.A." <rossi@nusc.ARPA>
Date: 13 May 86 11:11:00 PST
Subject: More Kate Rescending / Jaques Brel

A further apology, Since Sunday, I have acquired Never Forever, also.  I have
listened to Lionheart about 3 times, and I am growing quite fond of it.  It
unclear to me how a 12 year old can convincingly come up with some of the
sensual sexuality expressed in some of the lyrics, but if that is the case
Kate must have been, quite the date in high school (i.e., this is not a slang
comment concerning the possibilities of her past, but a sincere statement
arising from the lack of intellectual facilitation in high school).  Concerning
Never ForEver, I saw mention of the Fairlight in the credits.  I have listened
to it less (haven't owned it long enough) than Lionheart, but after about 1 1/2
listenings, I thinl it is going to get a lot of play in my car on the way
to work (Yea, its a 70 VW Bus, but I splurged on the audio).
A thank you to Joe Turner who even aparently can spell Jaques Brel's name
correctly, for answering Doug's question.  Actually, I believe that Doug would
probably like the French versions of any of the early Brel material, language
nonwithstanding.  My only real contact with Brel's music was from getting to
listen to the French stuff, while Pascal's dad, Jaques Languirand, was putting
a French CBC special together in 76.  I think that the majority of LH readers,
not caught in a rut of listening only to one type of music might find it
interesting to listen to.  I wouldn't recommend purchasing it, but this is
the kind of stuff that most libraries have in their, 'seldom-played' collectionsso the listening would be free.

Well, today I continue my quest to find an LP of The Dreaming, and I guess
I might as well pick up The Kick Inside, while I'm at it.

John
------