Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

From: hsut@ec.purdue.edu (Bill Hsu)
Date: Fri, 2 May 86 15:24:36 EST
Subject: responses to responses, etc.

Welcome to Hsuskel and Leebert at the record store, part 2...

< Peter Lee defends Tuxedomoon's Holy Wars >
The main complaint I have about Holy Wars is its blandness when compared
to Tuxedomoon's earlier albums. With Blaine Reininger gone, all the neat
little noises and scraping violins disappear, and I don't find the
remaining smooth Euro-synth sound with saxophone very interesting. I
don't hate Holy Wars --- I was just VERY disappointed because I liked
Half-mute and Desire so much.

< Peter Lee disputes my rave about Nurse with Wound >
I was specifically refering to the "Brained by falling Masonry" EP also...
Didn't you find the second side (Dip in the Glory Hole) an eerie
moodpiece, not just juggling strange noises together?

vinyl like Nurse with Wound, try obscure mail order places like NMDS or
Wayside. Also refer to Hof's lists of mail order places which occasionally get
posted to net.music. I've been exposed to a much larger variety of music
since I got addicted to this mail order habit...

Bill Hsu