Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Missing KB poster, How to be in a KB video, etc.

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Thu, 1 May 86 20:08:23 EDT
Subject: Missing KB poster, How to be in a KB video, etc.

Gossip for today: One of my cousin's friends just had an affair with
the drummer of REM.  Isn't that interesting?

> From: J. Peter Alfke <alfke@csvax.caltech.edu>

> [6]  I think my 3-foot^2 promo poster of Kate (cover of the live EP with
>     her in the weird swords&sorcery outfit) is gone !!!!!  Does anyone
>     know where I put it????  (Yes, I've already checked the closet.)
>     At least I still have my PG "Security" poster.

Well thank God there's one fewer of those God-awful posters in the world!

> Horrible suspicion:
>    Please, Doug, give me back my poster and I'll
>    take back everything I said about your analyses
>    of Kate's songs.  You can send it airmail from
>    MIT and I'll pay the postage.  Please.

I have one.  But I only have it so that someday when someone says to
me "Doug, aren't you a bit fanatical?  You think that everything Kate
Bush does is *perfection*!", I can take out this poster and say "Not
this poster!" and rip it into tiny shreds.

*****

I talked to Peter Morris (in Kent, England) on the phone today.  He
runs "Homeground: The International Kate Bush Fanzine".  Joe Turner's
"friend" who claims that Kate performed "Sat In Your Lap" and "The Big
Sky" at the Saturday Comic Relief show has his head up Madonna's
wazoo!  She didn't.  Every night she performed "Breathing" alone at an
electric piano, and sung in the comedy duet.  The Comic Relief show
broadcast on TV did not contain "Breathing", but it did contain the
duet.  The Comic Relief record does in fact contain both "Breathing"
and the duet.

Peter also told me how he got to be in the video for "The Big Sky".
They called him up to ask him if he could get together 200 fans who
would like to be in the video and play an audience.  Peter and David
Cross (another "Homeground" editor) and someone else got to play
airoplane pilots in the video!  Kate directed the whole thing.

GODDAMN IT!!!  WHY THE FUCK DON'T *I* LIVE IN ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do I get a visa?

-Doug