Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

WW-III / DD-DM

From: "ROSSI J.A." <rossi@nusc.ARPA>
Date: 29 Apr 86 10:37:00 PST
Subject: WW-III / DD-DM

I thought John Cage had the copyright on the musical scilence bit.

As far as the Depeche Mode vocals go, it is the delay time in the vocal
processing which gives the mixes I refered to as Duran-like.  My mentioning
of Simon LeBon was only in stressing the 'pop' impact of Depeche Mode.  My
only knowledhe of the band is from the limited stuff on the album.  I can't
imagine any group being so commercially oriented as Duran, in their cosmetic
appeal.  I liked the first album and most of Reo.  My current opinion of
DD is similar to my 1968 opinion of the Monkeys and my 1971 opinion of
the Archies. HYPE, HYPE, HYPE.  I forsee, LeBon in a Coke commercial,
strutting around a stage in his typical 'mod-swish' with a Pepsi can
with a Michael Jackson impersonator atop, back to the camera, moving his
body in a way which would be interpreted by the audience as implying
that Jackson and the Pepsi world were masturbating over the success of
Coke and LeBon.  (Well, maybe when Ken Russel starts doing commercials)

John
------