Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

GONE for a day....

From: "" <wicinski@nrl-com>
Date: 0 0 00:00:00 EST
Subject: GONE for a day....

Fact #1:  Gregg Ginn is the reincarnation of Jimi Hendrix

GONE played 4 30 minute shows at 4 Penquin Feather record stores Monday.
When I saw them in Laurel, there were two people (me and someone else)
besides the band and the promo people who saw them play.  These guys
didn't care, since they were playing the trendy 9:30 club later that
night.  I myself though it was great, especially after picking up some
guitar tips from Ginn.  This guy could run rings around people like Page
and such.  There 'Gone' Album ("Why Don't we Get Real Gone for a
Change") features vocals by Elvis Presley from his
album 'The Sun Sessions'.   Since I was one of two people there, I
talked with gregg for a few minutes before they left.

About Flipside:  "Hudley and the Flipside crew just seem to be very
ignorant about some things.  We're gonna try and work with them some
more, but they didn't pull their stunts out of ideoligical differences,
but more out of ignorance."

About Maximum Rock and Roll: " The guy who runs this is a communist.
That doesn't bother me, but what bothers me is how he and the others
people at the paper let their political ideologies decide what will be
put into the magazine.  Politics in one thing, but when it becomes the
force which decides what is published and what is not, then I think
there's time for a change."

About their new sound: "Yea, most kids don't understand where we're
coming from.  The hardcores think we're some Zepplin cirlce jerk hits
band, while the metal kids think we're some Zepplin circle jerk hits
band, so we just say fuck it and refuse to kiss anybody's asses."

A couple of the record store people I talked to were matal freaks who
thought that Gone were a new Metal band from England.  When I burst
their bubble by telling them Ginn is from Black Flag they were mighty
suprised.

Ginn got a laugh when I told them they reminded me of Motorhead, but
without vocals and drugs.  "no girls either. don't forget not to count
the groupies."

Ginn: "You gonmna see us at 9:30 tonite ??"

Me: "Naw man, I don't have 9.00 to get in. I also saw the St. Augistine
show."

Ginn: "Yea, stay home and avoid the trendy rush. People get too wierd
when they hang out at 9:30 too long."

Note for Larry Palena:  Flag just played Trenton Sunday Nite and in the
Denny's they stopped at were a bunch of kids who just saw the Ozzzy
Ozbourne show wherever he played.  A Gone roadie said Gregg couldn't
eat cause the kids kept asking for his autograph...

is it too much friends ??? too many tubs of slaw ??

tim

------