Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Tom Dickhead Wicinski <wicinski@nrl-css.arpa>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 86 05:03:05 est

New Potato Caboose
A backyard in Beltsville, MD
Drug of the Day: Tie Dye

The setting was a big backyard attached to this house near the Ag center
in Beltsville (ie farmland).  Lots of room, lots of sunshine, and lots
of deadheads.  At any given time there were at least 4 games of
hackey-sack going on, two games of backgammon, and one chess game lasted
for a while before falling prey to the wonders of nature.  The deadhead
crawl out of the woowork, and if you didn't wear tie dye or something
that was dead-related, you probably didn't belong here.
I didn't - opting for TSOL shirt and my faggy bicycle shorts since I
rode my bike over there.  I played my Ian McKaye routine for a few of
them ("Sorry man, drugs turn people into vegatables") before surrending
to the coolness of the many kegs of beer.  Did I mention frisbees ?? I
must of gotten hit by half a dozen of them.  I wish these people who
learn how to throw.  You can't get mad at these people - there minds are
so burnt out from the excessive amounts of narcotics they've put into
their bodies.  They're not pretentious either - not like those people
who hang out at trendy new music clubs and only read
billboard/cmj/rockpool or some other slime, and only believes in English
bands since thats all the trendy english papers write about.  Besides
that, it's always good to start scewing with someone's mind after they
had too much to drink...

Oh, the Band ?? You want to know about the band ?? Yawn. that's about
it. I mean here's a band which does Dead covers SO well, and when you
get tired they might throw in a Little Feat song.  You can only do
covers so good.  Question to guitar player during break "Do you all ever
sing any original songs?" Answer: "Yea, but the crowd never liked them."
Shows you what the crowd wants, only the Dead please.  They cover these
guys right down to the Space and Drums part of the show. But here they
parts were complete ZEROS since they have no imagination (this is from
doing covers).  This band just gives some deadhead a chance to get a fix
between tours, and an excuse for 200 people to get together and hang
out. wow. yawn.

tom