Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

I did IT! I did it! I did IT!!!!

From: James B Hofmann <hofmann@AMSAA.ARPA>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 86 11:34:33 EST
Subject: I did IT! I did it! I did IT!!!!

The CONSPIRACY has been foiled once again.  I finally got through
to the facsist MTV at 1130 today!!!  They asked for my address
and all that (I guess so they can target me for zombieism!!!)
And when I said, "Cloudbusting" - the lady said, "By who?"
"Kate Bush!", I answered.  Apparently this operator hadn't
been deluged yet!  Where were you all!!!!

The biggest laff I got was when she asked, "and how many
hours a day do you watch MTV?"  "None", I replied.  This
flustered her.  Then I realized that my vote might not count
unless I lie.  So I said, "well I watch it when I'm on vacation ..."
She had to fill had her form and asked again, "well, how many
hours a day?"  I flippantly replied, "Oh, 15 minutes."  This
caused a little titter on the other end.

				I DID MY PART!! DID YOU????