Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: O Positive / Red Lorry Yellow Lorry

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 86 00:31:06 EST
Subject: Re: O Positive / Red Lorry Yellow Lorry

> From: J. Peter Alfke <alfke@csvax.caltech.edu>

> O Positive!  They're wonderful!  Kinda like REM, but not overly!

Yeah, they are pretty decent, aren't they?  I saw them open for Robyn
Hitchcock, and there was a bit of hype here in Boston when their EP
was released.  They're better than REM too (in my opinion).

> Anyone seen Red Lorry Yellow Lorry live?  Is it worth it?  They're
> playing pretty soon in L.A. and I might go seem them.

I saw them a while back.  They are definitely worth seeing, but
nothing to go way out of your way for.  They had some problems with
feedback, and they don't do anything particularly exciting.  The lead
singer has his distant stare down pat, however.  I was more impressed
by the band that played before them, "Certain General".  Has anyone
ever heard of them?

			"You should have seen them
			 You should have see-eee-eee-een them"

			 Doug