Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: CD's // Cabaret Voltaire

From: "James J. Lippard" <Lippard@HIS-PHOENIX-MULTICS.ARPA>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 86 14:59 MST
Subject: Re: CD's // Cabaret Voltaire

 > Really-From:  J.  Peter Alfke <alfke@csvax.caltech.edu>

 > I've been hearing about some interesting CD releases:
 >
 > () Joy Division "Unknown Pleasures" and "Closer"
 > () Cabaret Voltaire (various; I've seen "Arm of the Lord")
 > () The entire 4AD catalog, esp. Cocteau Twins

Joy Divison on CD!  Wow!!  I wonder if they will add the singles as a
bonus.

I'm pretty sure I have seen some Cocteau Twins on CD, the album with
"From the Flagstones" on it (or whatever, I don't own any CT albums
yet).  Maybe I was just dreaming.

 > Anyone seen any of these, or have more detailed info?  I hear that the
 > JD releases are limited editions of 4000 ...  oh no!

Ack!  I hope some of those make it to Arizona!

 > Other stuff I'd like to see ...

 > () Tones on Tail "Pop"

Yes, and with "Christian Says", "Twist", and "Go" from "The Album Pop"
on it as well.  And while we're at it, how about putting all the Bauhaus
albums on CD?  (Beggars Banquet has some stuff on CD already, such as
the Dali's Car album, and "Burning from the Inside" was on a major
label, so maybe there is hope for this.)

   Jim (Lippard at MULTICS.MIT.EDU)