Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KB, Texture, sounds and Emotions

From: "ROSSI J.A." <rossi@nusc.ARPA>
Date: 5 Apr 86 01:02:00 PST
Subject: KB, Texture, sounds and Emotions

In followup to discussions concerning HoL, I must confess that I love the LP.
If Kate is mentally masturbating, I hope she continues to do so in the future.
For once, (since Ive been subscribing to this journal) I can agree with Doug
100%.  There is a lot more to music than harmony and other traditional
partitions.  Texture and sounds go back in my past a long way.  Emotions are
another thing which I believe make up the bulk of music appreciation.  It takes
only an ape with a stick to beat out an odd rythm, it takes human intelect to
be able to do it again, knowing that it was important the first time.  If
everyone sounded like the Rolling Stones we wouldn't ever be able to say
"Wild Horses was different..."

In regard to the survey, this is day 9 and I have had only 10 replies.  Are you
afraid to answer or is there a newfound hate of science (pseudoscience).

come on !!!!  Tell me something (concerning emo:{ional response to music, I mean)

John
Rossi@NUSC.ARPA
------