Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Moo-vies (Quibbles therewith)

From: Richardson.EIS@Xerox.COM
Date: 28 Mar 86 16:10:41 PST (Friday)
Subject: Re: Moo-vies (Quibbles therewith)
Sender: "RM Richardson.EIS"@Xerox.COM

>From: Joelll%UMass.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU  (Atrocity Joelll)

>5: THX1138:
>    (this flik makes 1984 look like disneyland...if you stay awake, you'll
>     get as sick of the complete lack of color (it's all white) as you
>     will of the lack of acting talent)

I thought the acting was just right for people who were being run like robots.
If I remember correctly, you get more color at the end which is, again, just
right for the ending.  Isn't all white appropriate for a "sterile" society?

>6: A Clockwork Orange
>    ((my favorite) Classic. Timeless. Violent. Blackly Humerous. Gives
>     a whole new meaning to the song "singing in the ra	in" and also
>     to the music of good old Ludwig von...excellent soundtrack by
>     Vangelis...)

Not Vangelis - Wendy (nee Walter) Carlos of "Switched on Bach," etc. fame.

Rich