Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

PiL Lineup and Dead Can Dance question.

From: allegra!sjuvax!kirsch (P. Kirsch)
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 86 09:38:28 est
Subject: PiL Lineup and Dead Can Dance question.

Another member of the lineup on Pil's new album is Steve Vai (sp?)
on guitar.  He used to play with Zappa and he is supposedly in David Lee
Roth's new band.  He is also in the movie "Crossroads"--for those who have
seen it he's the heavy metal guitarist who gets in a guitar duel with the
main character at the end of the movie.  For more info on the PiL lineup
check out the magazine that loves to pat itself on the back-SPIN--they review
the album in their 1st anniversary issue (though I do completely disagree
with the review)

Now, on to Dead Can Dance--could anybody give me some background on these
guys?  I have two albums by them but I'd love to find out more about the
band.  For Cocteau's fans,--DCD albums are a must purchase.

An open-minded person at sjuvax (I bet you net.musicers didn't know that that
was possible)

-Paul Kirsch