Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A few questions..

From: Serling%UMass.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU (Living in the Twilight Zone <Serling%UMass.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU>)
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 86 02:04:29 EST
Subject: A few questions..

1) In reading this digest, I've seen a number of *gag*'s in reference to
   'trashy' music magazines. Are there ANY resepectable ones out there?
   My local record store gets Melody Maker from England, and I'm told
   it's pretty good.

2) I've taken to Shriekback the minute I picked up their latest album.
   In my travels, here's what I've picked up:

   Care <LP>
   The Infinite <LP>
   Jam Science <LP>
   Oil and Gold <LP>
   Sexthinkone <EP off of their 1st album, Tench, which I've never heard>
   Mercy Dash <Picture disc EP>
   Nemesis <EP>
   Fish Below the Ice <Dbl EP>
   Sex and Knowledge and Wealth and Power <I think that's the title>
   <A 6-track mini>
   and one other off of Care whose name escapes me...

   I am also aware of the existance of a completely different version of
   Jam Science, which came about due to producer problems. Can anyone
   give me some history of he band, and perhaps fill in anything I'm not
   aware of?

3) Due to my nature, being a fan of a band envokes within me the desire to
   obtain everything they've done. Are there any places one can find a disco-
   graphy? <Partial of otherwise> I've seen some interesting guides in my
   searches, but nothing terribly current <like up to 82 if I'm lucky>
   Any references?

"Kiss me stupid, love me dead..."
                                         Mitch